Have you experienced significant weight loss lately?
If so, congratulations on all of your hard work! Losing weight can be tough, but you put in the time and work to get it done.
But maybe you’re not feeling 100% thrilled with your results. Maybe your weight loss has led to sagging skin, especially around your upper arms.
If that’s the case, you may be a good candidate for arm lift surgery, known as a Brachioplasty. This cosmetic procedure trims away excess skin and fat on your upper arms, leaving behind a more contoured appearance that highlights all of your hard work.
Recovery Time for an Arm Lift
Arm lift surgery is straightforward, with the ultimate goal of tailoring the shape of your upper arm to your newfound contours. During the arm lift, your plastic surgeon will make an incision along the underside of the upper arm; this incision allows your surgeon to readjust drooping muscles, remove fat, and trim away excess skin.
Arm Lift Consultations Available
Here’s what to expect in terms of recovery times after your arm lift surgery:
- Your total arm lift recovery time may take up to 4 to 6 weeks total.
- You may be prohibited from lifting any weighted objects for the first two weeks after your surgery.
- You should be able to return to work after one week; the exception to this rule is if you have an object that requires heavy lifting. In this case, you may need to take two weeks off from work.
- You may be required to wear compression garments on your upper arms for the first three weeks after your surgery. Compression garments can help maintain the shape of your results as they heal.
- It’s recommended that you sleep on your back for the first month after your arm lift surgery, so you can avoid sleeping on your incisions.
“There were only pros to having Dr. Brenman do my surgery. Dr. Brenman is the best plastic surgeon in the greater Philadelphia area. I researched and did my homework. His office is staffed with the most competent people. Every question concern was addressed immediately. My arms look great with only one day of discomfort. I followed his instructions exactly! My surgery was not covered by insurance so the office had other options for payment which worked out great. Thank you Dr. Brenman for my care and my slim arms.” *
Take the Next Step
Schedule your complimentary consultation at The Pennsylvania Centre for Plastic Surgery with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Scott Brenman in Philadelphia and Plymouth Meeting, PA. Please call (267) 687-2180 and our staff will gladly offer you a convenient appointment in the near future.
We look forward to seeing you soon!